Parents
So I saw my daddy today. He took me out to lunch for seafood alfredo which was delicious. I haven't seen my parents in months. My mom who is running for State Rep has been campaigning and she goes to events daily, so she wasn't able to make it. Supposedly [supposedly], they are supposed to come up the weekend of the 7th with the rest of my furniture...otherwise I'll just keep pushing back my housewarming. I want my house to be furnished and decorated pretty for the event. But back on the point I was making...it was nice to see my dad. I've missed my parents.
My After-Work Date
So scroll all the way down to the very first blog and you'll read about my email conversation with said guy. He asked me out and we have set the date for Thursday after work. I'm not too sure about him. I'm sort of gullible, okay I am gullible and I also trust people too easily. He has said a few things to make me question him, but I want to give him the benefit of the doubt. In the last four emails that we exchanged, he told me that he worked for the maintenance crew/janitorial services at Presby Plano. I thought it was strange because in his myspace pictures, he has a picture of him getting his degree and I just couldn't believe that he was doing janitorial work...not that there's anything wrong with it...but I was put off. Yes it's true...women do want men with jobs...but we want men with jobs that give them motivation and inspiration. He later (in another email) told me he was doctor, a GP for a family practice inside of Presby, and told me he was "testing the waters" to see what I'd say. Now I'm not so sure...is he telling me this because he's embarrassed? Or is he a nut? Or is he really a doctor and was he really pulling my leg? If I turn up dead, please find him and hunt him down.
My New Workout and Goal
So...I'm getting fat. Maybe not to everyone else's standards...but I feel fat. A coworker of mine and I are starting a new diet...to include at least 30 minutes a day of workout and eating healthy. Two years ago I lost 52 pounds and maintained my weight for those two years...but now I've gained back 10 pounds and I'm not happy. I want to lose about 40 pounds...supposedly if you're 6ft...you're supposed to weigh in between 160 and 180. So...if I can get to the lower end of that...I'd be just fine. Plus I also want to get down to the size I was in high school. I can't wait for the results! It's kind of nice when people do double takes of you when they haven't seen you in awhile and realize that you look just a little different then they rememberd you before. Yay!
My Boss/My Job/My Poor Self
So I'm job hunting. I'm not making enough. And my boss...well...I feel like I'm doing all the work. So I'm looking and I'm pretty excited about one opportunity. It's in the academic area and it's roughly $35K more than what I'm making now...WHICH IS AWESOME!!!!! Plus I'd get all of those vacation days during the holidays and spring break...I want to go to Brazil for my birthday! So wish me luck on that one.
Well...I have some serious work to do...I want to get out of here by 6:30p...in time to have dinner and drinks with a friend. Have a good night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
if dude is a doctor he just wanted to make sure you weren't a gold digger... cause everyone seems to be that these days.
-good luck on that job. buy some art when you get it!
Post a Comment