Thursday, February 21, 2008

I'm such a nerd!

Devin
So I had my first really girl moment of the year two nights ago. I found a field mouse in my garage. It was about an inch and a half long and it looked dead (or so I thought). I immediately called my mom and started freaking out and on the other end...she's cracking up laughing.

She hands the phone to my dad...and he proceeds to tell me that I live in the country and that THIS will happen, but that I need to get rid of it, because I definitely don't want it in my house.

He tells me to find a broom (which I don't have, because I haven't bought one yet), or something long to shove the poor guy out with. I asked him if my chimney shovel would work...he said yes...and I tell my dad to hang on. I put my phone down and started screaming...not because anything was happening...but because I was so weirded out. If this is what a new house means...I want out.

So I get over to the mouse...I'll call him Devin, and I try to shovel him up. Turns out he was alive...so that scares me even more because he's moving and I start screaming again. I told my dad I couldn't do it and he screamed at me telling me I was 26-years-old and 6ft and that the mouse wasn't going to hurt me.

Needless to say...he handed the phone to my mother (who was still laughing) and told her he couldn't deal with my whining anymore.

Long story short...I got Devin out...and threw him over the fence *shudders*...poor guy.


Kids
So I was at Wally World yesterday picking up a taco mix and ready-to-bake cookie mix for my girl's night with Dolli and Stephenie. I'm walking down the aisle and this cute little girl is holding her father's hand and she talking really loud...spouting off something about some disney character coming to Dallas, Texas. She's not making much sense...but her father this whole time...is saying, "uh huh" and "yeah" and "oh okay". I doubt he understood either...but it was cute how attentive he was being.

So I know I've said practically all my life...that I never want kids...I sort of do and sort of don't. At 30...if I'm not yet married, etc...I'd like to adopt a kid. Financially stable has to be in the picture of course though. There I said it...I really do want a kid. Ugh.


Salt and Pepper
So I was listening to one of my many [copied] CDs and Shake it Like a Salt Shaker played. So there are two different types of salt shakers...the fancy ones where you turn the knob and the salt and pepper pours out and the generic-everyone-has-these-kind-up-and-downward-motion shakers...just exactly how do you "shake it like a salt shaker"...and which shaker are they talking about?

No comments:

My Music