Thursday, March 6, 2008

procrastination and snow days and whatevs!

SNOW DAYS
i LOVE snow days! my company is letting us go at 3 p.m. today and i'm so glad. i have so much to do. i need to find my tax stuff so i can give it to my dad this weekend when they come up, i need to do dishes, i need to pick up my room and my house...hell i still need to empty boxes out. i'm really excited at the fact that i could not have to WORK tomorrow! yay!


PROCRASTINATION
So I have been procrastinating a lot lately. At work, with my freelance, looking for jobs, working out, getting my house together, my ticket. I need motivation. I've decided that my housewarming will be in April. Hopefully the weather will not be as nasty as it has been and hopefully I'll be in a new job and have more time then I currently have to fix up my house. I still have boxes in my utility room of kitchen dinnerware/utensils and appliances. I also really need to get on the bandwagon with looking for jobs. While I can't wait for that interview on Monday morning and while I'm SUPER-UBER EXCITED about it...I can't keep my hopes up...I might not be what they are looking for. I need to apply for more jobs...because I KNOW I can't stay at my current job any longer. I also need to start getting more freelance projects. Getting more projects should motivate me...because it would be like having a second income coming in. AND we all know that money makes the world go 'round. And the freakin' TICKET. I got a speeding ticket in March of 2007...St. Pattys Day. I have extended that hoe until, now...until May 14, 2008. Then I have to decide whether or not I am doing defensive driving (for the umpteenth time) or deferred ajudification. I mean...in March 2007...I should have gone ahead and paid the damn $201. Now I really can't afford it.


WHATEVER!
welcome to the wonderful world of WHATEVs! thanks Beverly for giving me the idea.

Whatev! to my boss who doesn't know how to use a freakin' computer at the age of 50-something!

Whatev! to my boss who is sitting in her office right now yelling at the fact that she can't figure out a freakin' excel spreadsheet that a 5th grader can work out.

Whatev! to my boss making one of the best graphic designers i know look bad in front of my department, and everyone else in the company.

Whatev! to my boss for saying, "i hope you don't have anything to do tonight, because you need to take this [project] home and finish it for my meeting tomorrow morning with the CFO". Do I look like her secretary?

Whatev! to where I work. Please let 3 p.m. come soon.

4 comments:

Ambular said...

I LOVE THE WHATEVs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't like your boss either!

Anonymous said...

It is good your boss doesn't know how to use or a computer or read you blog. LOL

db said...

I know right? Can I make this thing private to where only my friends can read it?

Anonymous said...

Hehehe, I'm glad you like the idea. Whatev sounds good!!!

:-)

My Music